RHA to unveil first DAC/headphone amplifier alongside two in-ear headphones
RHA has announced that it will launch three new products as part of a collection of specialist, high-resolution personal audio equipment at IFA 2016.
The new range includes the company’s first portable DAC and headphone amplifier, the Dacamp L1, and two high-resolution in-ear headphones, the flagship CL1 Ceramic and the stainless steel CL750.
“This new collection has been developed for users who demand more from personal audio, our goal being to replicate full hi-fi experiences on the go,” explained RHA Product Director, Lewis Heath. “Launching a brand new, specialist range of products that represent our commitment to innovation in technology, design and manufacturing is the perfect way to mark the fifth anniversary of the company’s founding.”
All three products will be available to audition at CanJam Europe, ahead of going on sale in October 2016.
The Dacamp L1 is a fully balanced headphone amplifier and digital-to-analogue converter (DAC) with dedicated channel processors. RHA’s first product in the category, the Dacamp L1 uses an ES9018K2M DAC chip and class AB amplifier. This configuration is capable of processing the highest quality digital audio files – up to 32-bit/384kHz PCM and Quad DSD – from mobile and desktop source devices. To improve clarity, accuracy and imaging, the Decamp L1 separates stereo channels and processes them individually, eliminating risk of interference or distortion – the first product in its class to do so.
• Dual ESS Sabre ES9018K2M DACs & class AB amplifiers
• Support for high-resolution audio formats up to 32-bit/384kHz PCM and 11.2MHz DSD
• Headphone outputs: 4-pin Mini XLR (balanced), 3.5mm
• Digital inputs: USB A, USB micro-B, mini-TOSLINK (optical)
• Compatibility: Mobile and desktop devices including Android, PC, Mac, iOS (MFi certified)
• 4000mAh Li-ion battery for 10 hour battery life with power pack function
• Three level gain control and EQ dials for bass/treble attenuation.
The CL1 Ceramic is RHA’s first in-ear headphone to use a dual driver configuration, pairing the CL Dynamic with a unique ceramic plate driver, specifically designed to produce pure, clear harmonics above 8kHz. The ergonomic housings are injection moulded using a high-density ceramic compound with low acoustic resonance. Detachable cables with fully mouldable over-ear hooks provide comfort and noise isolation.
• High-resolution, dual transducer configuration: CL Dynamic and ceramic plate driver
• High-density, injection moulded ZrO2 ceramic housings
• Custom detachable cable system (sMMCX)
• Braided Ag4x silver-core (4-pin Mini XLR) and OFC (3.5mm/6.25mm) cables included
• Mouldable, comfort-enhancing over-ear hooks
• Accessories: 11 pairs of silicone and Comply™ Foam ear tips, clothing clip, protector case and cleaning cloth.
RHA’s CL750 features the CL Dynamic driver, configured to reproduce high-resolution audio up to 45kHz. Drawing inspiration from the critically acclaimed MA750, it uses stainless steel housings in RHA’s Aerophonic™ design. The CL750’s braided, channel insulated oxygen-free copper cable features flexible ear hooks to secure wearing comfort.
• Ultra-wideband CL Dynamic transducer
• Stainless steel driver housings in Aerophonic™ design
• Braided OFC cable with 3.5mm or 6.25mm terminations
• Flexible over-ear hooks
• Accessories: 11 pairs of silicone and Comply™ Foam ear tips, clothing clip and protector case.